International project „Happy Water“
In the oceans of the world garbage stocks have reached a critical point with the effects of climate change becoming more and more acute. Today the society must understand the consequences of everyday life and consumer’s behavior. Active public participation is a necessary condition for the Conservation of Nature. Therefore the role of NGOs becomes very important.
The association „Planet Alive“ in 2017-2018 period in collaboration with Nordic Council of Ministers Office in Lithuania are implementing the NGO co-operation and enhancement project „Happy Water“. In this project is participating organizations from three countries: „Planet Alive“ (Lithuania), „Homo Ecos“ (Latvia) and Icelandic Nature Conservation Association (Iceland). The project promotes the development of civil society and engagement in addressing local and global environmental issues.
- 13th November environmentalist, active public figure and writer Andri Snaer Magnason from Iceland visited Lithuania. For student audience he read a lecture „Time and Ice“ about his countrys problem of melting glaciers, showing it through the chronology of its generations and their interactions with nature.
We have also discussed about some aspects of our organizations.
- 5-6th December we visited Latvia and shared experience in implementing ecological projects with members from partner „Homo Ecos“ organization. Also we were interested in water and soil treatment practices in the neighboring country.
- „Happy Water – Lithuanian life“ is one of the activities (in Lithuanian) of the Happy Water project which was supported by the Center for Non-formal Education of Lithuanian Students at the Lithuanian Ministry of Education and Science.
The project promotes the development of civil society: to involve the children’s eco-awareness and socially responsibility for the environment in which they live and engaging in volunteering activities. The project combines ecological, social, cultural, exploratory and creative activities.
- 4-5th June 2018 the closing conference of the project participants from three countries will take place in Vilnius.
Summarizing best practices in the involvement of civil society, ecological projects, including children and young people.
Discussion on the possibilities of further cooperation between organizations and countries.
More about this and other projects: http://laimingasvanduo.lt/
- In the oceans of the world garbage stocks have ...
- Raising quality of people lives in various hous...
- Every five years, pilgrims flock to the temple ...
- 7.8-magnitude earthquake that has rocked Nepal,...
- Already second Year we organize public meditat...